Huge Sale
freeEmbroideryStuff.EmbroideryDesigns.com                  CART  |  DOWNLOAD  |  CONTACT
                 WISHLIST  |  MY ACCOUNT  |  LOGIN
Welcome Tab My Account Tab Products Tab Designs Tab Specials Tab Company Info Tab Help Tab FES Tab PrintArt Tab Licensed Designs Tab
Call: 866-451-3900 Satisfaction Guaranteed
1−866−451−3900
FreeEmbroideryStuff
Share Your Work
Embroidery Designs
Licensed Designs
Embroidery Packs
Embroidery Software
Embroidery Equipment
Custom Digitizing
Fonts & Alphabets
Print Art Designs     
Education Materials
What's New
Gift Cards
Embroidery Tools
Freebies
Embroidery Forum

Forums Home    Forum Search   
Forum Topics > Embroidery Software > cataloging software and organizing fonts and designs > Post a Reply to this Thread
cataloging software and organizing fonts and designs
vanisha
RE: cataloging software and organizing fonts and designs
Thu, Jul 12 2012 12:05 AM

Nice sharing...

Fri, Jul 06 2012 12:58 PM

If they are individual font files (not keyboard fonts), I would just use the cataloging software to create a main font folder and then individual folders for each font to hold all the letter files. For keyboard fonts, I'm not sure if there is a product out there that will read the different formats since they are specific to each lettering software.

Thanks,
EmbroideryDesigns.com

way2organized
Mon, Jul 02 2012 5:22 PM

Thanks. Do you know of any of the programs that let you catalog fonts as well?

Mon, Jul 02 2012 1:28 PM

Hello,
If your computer does not have a floppy disk drive, then you'll need to purchase an external one to be able to transfer the designs onto your computer and then onto CD's if you prefer. It's always recommended to have a backup of your designs in case the computer crashes on you!

For the cataloging software, you could try something like this- http://www.annthegran.com/Product.aspx?t=1&i=2567

Good luck!

way2organized
cataloging software and organizing fonts and designs
Sun, Jul 01 2012 1:47 PM

I have purchased an existing home embroidery service with an older machine that has designs all on small floppy disks. The first thing I want to do is convert those to cds or jumpdrive/hard drive and also the fonts.
I also want a cataloging software so I can print the fonts I have out for customers to view and the designs as well. I would like to put the designs in folders by category and possible be able to search by keyword.
Can anyone give me any advice on either of these topics?