Huge Sale
freeEmbroideryStuff.EmbroideryDesigns.com                  CART  |  DOWNLOAD  |  CONTACT
                 WISHLIST  |  MY ACCOUNT  |  LOGIN
Welcome Tab My Account Tab Products Tab Designs Tab Specials Tab Company Info Tab Help Tab FES Tab PrintArt Tab Licensed Designs Tab
Call: 866-451-3900 Satisfaction Guaranteed
1−866−451−3900
FreeEmbroideryStuff
Share Your Work
Embroidery Designs
Licensed Designs
Embroidery Packs
Embroidery Software
Embroidery Equipment
Custom Digitizing
Fonts & Alphabets
Print Art Designs     
Education Materials
What's New
Gift Cards
Embroidery Tools
Freebies
Embroidery Forum

Forums Home    Forum Search   
Forum Topics > Home Embroidery Machines > Bernette 340 downloading internet files > Post a Reply to this Thread
Bernette 340 downloading internet files
MostlyMartha
RE: Bernette 340 downloading internet files
Sat, Dec 31 2011 9:17 AM

I want to thank you for the detailed description about downloading embroidery files from the internet and make it work with the Bernette 340 Deco. This is a detailed process and I was able to be successful with your help.

I am looking for some good beginner's ideas for projects to try while I am learning about my new machine. Please share some ideas. Thank you!

Makai
Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:54 AM

THANK YOU laskalass.... I never would have figured this out without your post...I wish they made it easier to understand in the manual that you had to go through all these steps. I appreciate your time and effort to post all of this on this forum... I am new to embroidery and am super excited to learn all that I can...

Lisa425
Mon, Jun 06 2011 8:27 AM

I have a Deco 340 and download the EXP format. I have no problems using this format in my machine. I also format the usb stick first in the Deco.
I have not heard of this downloading a program from Bernina.

laskalass
Bernette 340 downloading internet files
Thu, Apr 14 2011 6:08 PM

I bought a Bernette 340 and the user manual was not informative regarding how to get designs from the computer to my machine. First let me say that the folks at the benina store were not helpful either because the Bernette is NOT made by Bernina and most of them knew only about the bigger bernina machines. The Bernette is made by Janome for Bernina and according to Bernina specs. The format for your Bernette machine is NOT the exp format that the berninas use. It has to be in the ART format. The first thing you must do is go to your Bernina website and download the ARTLINK software program. After doing that put your USB stick into your machine and let it download the proper file into your USB stick. caution do not just take the stick out of your machine without first clicking on the sewing machine icon. After you have the file on the usb stick place it in your computer and go ahead and download designs from websites onto your desktop in the ART format. Now you need to open the software program ARTLINK..it will first show a bernina ad.. let it show this until the program opens before you close the ad... closing it before the software opens it closes the program.
Now.... once the software is open.... drag your ART files one at a time into the open program you will see the design in the program... you can set the right hoop size by clicking on the pic of the hoop...also click the small window which says 1:1.... it will show the design in the right size. Once you have done that
click on the machine icon it will write the design to the stick..when the window pops up...click the blue arrow..I think its blue...but its an arrow curving..when you click on that it will write to the stick...it will say save...dont save it. You are done now close the software window..(under file)...and drag next design to program. Hope this helps a techy at bernina had to show me this. Oh and when you first drag the design over you will see a pop up saying you cant resize the design... ignore that and close that warning.