Huge Sale
freeEmbroideryStuff.EmbroideryDesigns.com                  CART  |  DOWNLOAD  |  CONTACT
                 WISHLIST  |  MY ACCOUNT  |  LOGIN
Welcome Tab My Account Tab Products Tab Designs Tab Specials Tab Company Info Tab Help Tab FES Tab Print Art Tab Licensed Designs Tab
Call: 866-451-3900 Satisfaction Guaranteed
1−866−451−3900
PRODUCTS
Free Embroidery Stuff
Share Your Work
Embroidery Designs
Licensed Designs
Embroidery Packs
Embroidery Software
Embroidery Equipment
Custom Digitizing
Fonts & Alphabets
Print Art Designs
Education Materials
What's New
Gift Cards
Embroidery Tools
Freebies

Embroidery Forum

Forums Home    Forum Search   
Forum Topics > Home Embroidery Machines > Brother SE400 > Post a Reply to this Thread
Brother SE400
Jean
Jean
RE: Brother SE400

Thanks for the manual. How to download the manual from there?

Wayne Wrote:
Don't know what happened with that post!!

I have has a look around online and found this review to be of some help

http://www.slideshare.net/jhoangg/brother-se400-no-more-boring-manual-sewing

Would still welcome some reviews from other forum members, though!
THx

Quote This Reply | Back To Top

Diana

Wayne Wrote:
Hi guys,
This is my first post, so go real easy with me!!

I am looking to upgrade to a sewing machine that offers embroidery functions. Top of my short list is the Brother SE400. It’s not the most expensive machine in the world, but it’s expensive enough for me.

I was wondering whether anyone here has tried it out and got any user reports for it – it’s always good to hear the good the bad and the ugly about a machine before diving in.

Anyone…?

As for now you can look for the newer upgraded model to the SE400, the SE625. It has a color touch screen display, more stitches, more embroidery designs, and even includes a disc with even more designs. Plus, it accepts a standard USB key to install even more designs you can download from the internet.

my reviews https://wisepick.org/best-embroidery-machine

You may want to consider Embrilliance Essentials. It will allow you to combine designs and it comes with 12 fonts. You can also purchase additional fonts for the software. https://www.embroiderydesigns.com/productdetails/BriTon-Leap/DLSoftware/1/ATG40238.aspx

Pam

I have a HE240 (from HSN) which is the same as the SE400 Brother machine. I would like to know what software I can use with this 4x4 hoop machine that would put the 3 monogram letters together as one design.

Deborah

I got this machine for my birthday. I love it. Right at the moment, I'm using it just for embroidery projects. I had the Brother SE270D and hated the embroidery but it did just fine for sewing. When I started quilting and bought a new machine for quilting, my son wanted me to have the ability to add embroidery so that was the reason he got me this machine. My old embroidery machine did not connect to my laptop and my son thought was too limiting for me. Now, as far as the 4 x 4 hoop. I bought a 5 x 7 hoop and it works just fine but maybe it's my embroidery software. I worked overtime so I could afford the Embrilliance software and it was worth every penny I spent. The software will adjust the designs to what size I want so I'm enlarging stuff all the time. Now back to the Brother SE400. It's not that hard to use. My initial problem was using the needle threader but once I figured it out, I'm a pro threading my needles. I taught my 14 year old granddaughter how to embroidery with that machine. She was very fascinated and caught on quickly, with the exception of threading the needle. That threader is touchy.

Did you know that we can resize designs purchased from our website at no extra charge? The 4x4 hoop has a max. stitch field of 3.93". Any design that is over 3.93" will show on our website as needing a 5x7 hoop. It is always best to look at the actual design size, any design 4.90" or less can be resized to fit a 4x4 hoop. If you would like to have a design resized after purchasing from our website, call or send us an email and include the order number,the format needed, and the request to resize the design.

Kay
Kay

I've had this maching for about 6 - 7 months now and I LOVE it. The more I use it the more I learn. I was afraid at first, but now it's growing on me! I only wish I could use bigger hoops. But I'm not going to buy a bigger machine. I'm happy with what I can do.

MissThreads

Have you been able to find some help with your PED Basic? If not, please email me at Support@embroiderydesigns.com and put attn: Marie I will do the best I can to try and help you.

Bonnie

I have a Brother SE400, I am having trouble saving and downloading a file to a memory card. I purchased the PED- Basic, but nothing is transferring to the card. I need someone with patience to give me a walk thru. Desparate. is there like a class or some simple instructions. Every one I try use on line isn't working. not sure if card or card reading is even good.

There are so many different machines on the market, it's great when you find the perfect machine for YOU! We have designs that will work with all machines. Did you know that you can use the advanced design search feature on our website to choose designs by size? http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/AdvancedSearch.aspx

Hannah

I have this machine and am not disappointed I did, I didn't want a huge embroidery area to start with and love the fact it's also a sewing machine so can be back up if one of my others is having a service. Not disappointed in the quality it embroiders either.

Frances

I bought the se400 because of its capabilities and price. I love it myself and the only complaints I have read is the 4by4 hoop, everyones wrote they would rather have a larger embroidery area but for the things I make it suffices for me. It is quiet whether you embroider or sew. It is simple to download files and save on your computer. There is a free program to do that. I havent gotten any of the digital software for it yet, dont really need it, I find plenty of designs for free on the internet and buy the ones I like on sale for special projects I have or just have to have for later use. Lol Hope that helped, good luck and happy embroidering

Wayne

Don't know what happened with that post!!

I have has a look around online and found this review to be of some help

http://www.slideshare.net/jhoangg/brother-se400-no-more-boring-manual-sewing

Would still welcome some reviews from other forum members, though!
THx

Wayne

Wayne Wrote:
Hi guys,

I am looking to upgrade to a sewing machine that offers embroidery functions. Top of my short list is the [url=phil.mortons@gmail.com
]Brother SE400[/url]
. It’s not the most expensive machine in the world, but it’s expensive enough for me.

I was wondering whether anyone here has tried it out and got any user reports for it – it’s always good to hear the good the bad and the ugly about a machine before diving in.

Anyone…?

Anyone got nay thoughts?

Wayne
Brother SE400

Hi guys,

I am looking to upgrade to a sewing machine that offers embroidery functions. Top of my short list is the Brother SE400. It’s not the most expensive machine in the world, but it’s expensive enough for me.

Anyone…?

< Prev Next >